Can I Sue Royal Caribbean for Medical Mistreatment?

Recently, we had a family member of passenger reach out to ask about a possible claim against one of the larger, more popular cruise lines Royal Caribbean. consider a cruise ship lawyer if you've been hurt on a cruise

The parent of the family member (also a passenger) was asking about medical mistreatment.

Could they sue the cruise line?

Generally, medical malpractice is defined as any act or omission by a physician during treatment of a patient that deviates from accepted norms of practice in the medical community and causes an injury to the patient from An Introduction to Medical Malpractice in the United States, by B. Sonny Bal, MD, MBA

As we tell people who call our office, questions about lawsuit are never simple. There are always some maybes, perhaps and its possibles that impact each and every claim.

And thats because each and every claim is different. The circumstance and details are different and have a specific impact on whether there might a foundation for a caseor not.

Questions about medical mistreatment, misdiagnosis or negligence can be quite challenging.Was the passenger already sick when they boarded?Did something happen on the cruise to make matters worse?Did the medical staff do or not do something that made the passenger worse, or more medically impaired?Are there records of their medical care before, during and after their cruise?

These are just some example questions. If you suspect you were a victim of medical mistreatment by a cruise ship doctor, their staff or the cruise line in general, the best thing to do is to speak with an attorney.

By spending just a few minutes with them, they can better understand the details of your incident and then ask further questions that might clarify the incident. The point of this conversation is to determine whether you might have the ability to file a claim against the cruise line.

Speak with a cruise ship injury lawyer today

At Waks and Barnett, P.A., our lawyers fight the cruise lines, their legal department and the insurance adjusters to help you and your family receive fair compensation for your injuries, your medical bills and your wages for lost time at work.

Please contact us using the form above or call directly at 1-800-905-2891.